GOD'S WIFE

The Story of a Sex Worker

September 10, 2004

Box Cover

I went back to the apartment and Far Out was sleeping soundly on the couch. I left the brown bag full of remedies on the coffee table and left for a meeting with Bernard at his office. He told me he wanted to discuss my future.

He sat at his desk smoking a cigar and drinking black coffee out of a new mug. This one read, in small letters, "If Jesus is coming, let me know. If Jesus can cum twice in a row, I'll give him a job in adult films."

"Look at this cup," he smiled. "Isn't it great? Jay made it for me."

"Hmmn," I said.

Bernard set down the mug. "Shirley," he said, suddenly very serious. "I wanted to talk to you because I think you've been doing great. I'm glad you're with us and you've come so far. You know I love you. I'm very proud of you."

"Thank you. I'm happy where I am."

"I know it. That's why you're doing so well. It comes across on screen. There's been talk about you getting the best newcomer award, which I think you deserve hands down." He put both of his hands flat on the desk as if to demonstrate. "But I want to take it one step further. I want to give you your own movie."

"My own movie?"

"A starring role. With you on the box cover and everything. And this won't be action shots but a picture of you taken by a photographer. Your face will represent the movie."

"This is big news."

"This is great news. Of course, having a starring role might screw with your best newcomer status but who the fuck cares about that, you're going to star in your own movie. Not many have done so few movies and been able to jump to starring. The actors like you and the public likes you. I've heard reports of guys asking for you by name at video stores. One report came from New York. So feel happy."

"I do."

He grinned wide, beaming like a proud father.

"I wrote something for you," he said. "I finished a screenplay and I think it will be right for you. The working title is 'Bonfire of the Vaginas.'"

He explained it to me. I played a rich woman who seduces a poor kid. Some people come after her because the kid is black. She ends up sleeping with lawyers and her maid and her husband and her boyfriend and then her boyfriend and husband together and then finally makes it all better by seducing the kid's mother. Bernard was very proud of it.

"I've always wanted to do something about race," he said. "There's a thousand interracial fuck films but none of them deal with the race issue."

"I'd be glad to do it," I said.

"Good then."

Filming was set to take place the following day. Bernard had cast most of it already and was going to direct it himself.

It really was an honor and a rarity to have a starring role in a movie. There were hundreds upon hundreds of women working in the sex industry and only a handful of them became stars and made the real money. In that way it was no different than Hollywood.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger sinsulita said…

    I find your story positively intriguing. Keep it up!

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Vadergrrrl said…

    a staring role is excellent. acting is acting, and adult film is no different. challenging social norms and racial taboos is a great thing. adult films have often been the pioneers in breaking outdated social norms.

    good for you!

    xxxoooo

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rock on, Rocknroll baby.

    Mr. M

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You provide quite the insight into the adult industry. Do you sometimes feel that you are being carried along on the current? -M

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
JoyScape - Adult Search Engine
I Want My XXX!
Kara's Links
Linkwhore
Diarist: Clix
Cunning Linguists Journals
Vote For My Site!