GOD'S WIFE

The Story of a Sex Worker

November 29, 2004

Fucking with a Rapist

Far Out left my apartment soon after I started going out with Andrew. She had only been in my apartment a week but she cried about missing Kirk and moved back. It didn't sound healthy but I didn't stop her. I had too much to handle in my own life.

The first bad news came two months into my new success. Bernard called and said that Al Harvey was looking for me. I had almost driven away earlier problems with Al Harvey. I was too busy living separate lives.

"He's acting very belligerent," Bernard said. "He keeps demanding your phone number. What the fuck went on between you two?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"I've been around. I've probably heard it before."

"He's your boss. You sure you want to go fucking with your boss?"

"Just tell me."

"He raped me."

"Fucker."

"The first time I went along with him because I was tired and I was worried what he would do if I didn't. He's a scary man. The second time he forced me to for real."

"I'm sorry, Shirley. I'm sorry I brought you there. That's one part of the business I hate. I mean a rape scene can be a beautiful thing when two people are consenting and nobody gets hurt. But that shouldn't happen to you."

"No. But I've basically forgotten about it."

"That's good."

I really had forgotten about it. The mind had an alarming capacity to repress. People needed to forget certain things to live.

"He keeps calling for you, though," Bernard said. "I don't know what to do with him. He's called about five times and I tell him that I can't give out your phone number. Then he gets pissed off at me and starts yelling. Fucking asshole. It's a good thing you're not listed."

"Maybe I should talk to him."

"What?"

"I'll get him off my back and get him off yours. I can deal with him now. I'm over him."

"If you want. You sure you want to do that?"

"Yes."

"I can give you his number."

"Give it to me."

"You're a stronger man than I am, Shirl. I hate that fucker."

Bernard gave me the number to Al's office inside his house. I called immediately. He answered. When I said my name he replied, "Good to hear from you," as if talking to a lost friend.

"What do you want?" I said flatly.

"I want you for one thing," he said.

"That's over with. I don't want you to call Bernard anymore asking for me."

"I'm glad your movies have done so well," he replied. "I felt a part of it because you fucked all over my couches and beds. There's a relationship there that's been captured forever on video. It can never be over with."

I was already beaten. His voice was like smooth syrup, so sweet it stung. Sort of like the voice they'd give a robot if they wanted the robot to seem soothing. He was saying hateful things but there was a terrible, terrible smoothness to his voice.

"So when am I going to see you?" he said.

"See me," I stated.

"Yes. Why don't you come over?"

"Shit, I know you heard me. I'm never going to see you."

"I have a feeling you are."

I felt cornered. I tried a different angle. "I have a boyfriend," I said.

"Oh yeah?" he laughed. "I'd like to meet him."

"That's not possible."

"If I don't meet him how do I know you're not lying?"

I sighed. "I could bring anybody to you and tell you he's my boyfriend so what's the difference."

This made him angry. His voice switched from syrup to needles. "The way I see it, you don't have a choice but to come over here. I hold your paycheck."

"You do," I said weakly. But then I thought of something. "You know what? That doesn't matter. I'm popular now. The public wants to see me. I make you money. You can't fire me. I bet you would get in some kind of trouble if you fired your moneymaker. You have no choice but to pay me."

He grunted. "Goddamn you," he said. "You're a fucker. You're small. You're only worth the twenty dollars people shell out for a fucking video." He slammed down the phone.

I sat in my chair with the phone off the hook in my hand. My heart beat slow and deep. I almost felt on the edge of a young heart attack. That was one of the most difficult, if not the most difficult, telephone conversations I'd ever had. It reminded me of some of the bad feeling. I sat by the phone, heart beating hard.

But soon, my heart began to calm down. I had the feeling that I wasn't going to hear from Al Harvey for a long time. Intuition told me.

9 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Garrison Steelle said…

    Seems to me you might be letting him off light.

    -G

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Laust said…

    iyyyuuuwwww, that Al is nasty. what an asshole.

    take care,

     
  • At 5:32 AM, Blogger Bogger said…

    Thats it exactly!
    Don't let the bastards get you down!
    Well done and best of luck,

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger le tribulant said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:29 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    You are a strong woman. Be true to your feelings though and don't let him have power over you.

     
  • At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I SAY YOU CALL THAT FUCKER UP ON A PUBLIC TELEPHONE AND YELL THE HELL OUTTA HIM! HE FUCKING DESERVES IT BABE. Argh, I would slap him if I were you!

     
  • At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I SAY YOU CALL THAT FUCKER UP ON A PUBLIC TELEPHONE AND YELL THE HELL OUTTA HIM! HE FUCKING DESERVES IT BABE. Argh, I would slap him if I were you!

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger 8709 said…

    Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

    If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about mens male enhancement reviews. It pretty much covers mens male enhancement reviews and other similar topics available.

     
  • At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Aorchid said…

    what a lame human being! I don't like that Al guy at all!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
JoyScape - Adult Search Engine
I Want My XXX!
Kara's Links
Linkwhore
Diarist: Clix
Cunning Linguists Journals
Vote For My Site!